Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New AllTop Widget Delivers Topic-Based News

In an email from Guy Kawasaki, a co-founder of Alltop:

"We recently created a widget that displays the five most popular stories from an Alltop topic in the sidebars of blogs and sites. This widget is simple and automated way to provide fresh news content for your readers.

For example, I've integrated the venture capital widget in my blog at http://blog.guykawasaki.com/ in the right sidebar. Thus, my visitors can read my postings about venture capital and also see timely venture capital news from other sources.

So if you have a food site, you can add the Alltop food widget and show more foodie stories. Or, if you have a Macintosh site, you can show more Macintosh news. I've found that adding a news widget like this is an easy way to provide more fresh content to my readers.

With a few clicks, you can design and implement a widget. We have over 250 topics, so you're very likely to find something that will interest your audience. Information about the Alltop widget is here:

http://alltop.com/widget/"


I've taken Guy up on the offer and I can tell you that it took me all of 30 seconds to set up the widget you see on the right! Now I am off to tackle my other blogs!

1 comment:

Kathryn Doyle said...

Granted, I'm on the iPhone but I'm not seeing the Alltop widget?!