Friday, July 6, 2012

Olde Ulster History


I love these kind of finds! This evening I was doing some research on my SLATTERY and LEEHIVE lines and reviewing my research log. Many of these ancestors including my great-grandfather John Vincent SLATTERY lived in Kingston, New York and worked for the local railroad.

I knew there was more than one railroad line and I wanted to find out more in general about the railroads so into The Google I entered "kingston new york history railroads" and behold, what do I find?

Someone has uploaded a complete year of Olde Ulster Magazine from 1910 on Scribd!  According to Hope Farm Press, the magazine was published from 1905 to 1914 by Benjamin Meyer Brink and had a limited run of 400 copies printed.

There are some digital copies on Google Books but below are the links to the complete year of 1910 on Scribd. If you have any Hudson Valley ancestors, please make sure you check this resource!


© 2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee

1 comment:

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Nice find!

You've also reminded me it's time to review Google Books again for my own personal research to see what's available.